Oct 15 2013 by Jamie Bowman, Formby Times
SEFTON Council has scheduled an additional public meeting to discuss controversial plans to build more than 250 homes on Green Belt land in Formby.
Hundreds of residents have raised concerns with pressure group FRAGOFF (Formby Residents Action Group Opposition From Formby) about the David Wilson Homes & Barratt Homes application to develop 274 homes on land off Liverpool Road.
Due to the high level of public interest and an anticipated high number of petitions, a meeting has been arranged at The Atkinson centre, Lord Street, Southport, on Monday, October 28, starting at 6.30pm.
At the meeting, councillors will consider plans for the Green Belt site which is bounded by Liverpool Road, Monks Drive, Savon Hook and River Close and is close to the first roundabout on the Formby Bypass travelling from Liverpool.
A spokesman for Sefton Council, said: “The meeting agenda, including the planning officers' recommendations to councillors, will be publicised prominently on the council's website on Friday, October 18.
“If members of the public wish to speak at the meeting, the deadline to submit petitions to the Democratic Services Team at Bootle Town Hall is 10am on Wednesday, October 23.
“For any queries relating to the planning application call Steve Faulkner on 0151 934 3081.
“For information on the committee meeting and queries relating to petitions, call Olaf Hansen on 0151 934 2067."
Maria Bennett, spokesman for FRAGOFF, said she had been inundated with complaints.
She said: “Many residents feel that this application is a fore- gone conclusion and it is already passed.
“This is not correct and, in order to win, we need to fight and that’s why we have urged all residents of Formby to object.”
Sefton Central Labour MP Bill Esterson has also written to the planning committee, outlining his opposition to the scheme.
Current details of the planning application can be accessed on the council website at www.sefton.gov.uk