Aug 20 2013
Police have lined up in front of the entrance of an exploratory site ahead of a second day of direct action by anti-fracking protesters.
One lorry has already entered the site at Balcombe in West Sussex, with demonstrators marching in front as it made its way down the road.
Protester George Barda, 37, said he had seen two people taken away by police so far.
He said: "It seems really shameful that they are trying to give the impression to the world of being democratic when they are now snatching people one by one. That's the second snatch I've seen this morning.
"The first one was a 50-year-old yoga teacher and the girl they've just taken is so sweet and lovely."
Protesters were surrounded by officers as they linked arms in front of a second lorry making its way to the gates of the Cuadrilla site.
Despite this, the protest has so far remained peaceful with many demonstrators chatting to police officers.
Campaigners No Dash For Gas said that, although groups of people may protest outside the site, they had no plans for a second day of action.
Ewa Jasiewicz said: "Today we are not taking action.
"We are having meetings and deciding what to do next. But we will be coming back, it is not a sprint, it's a marathon."