Feb 1 2013
Foreign Secretary William Hague has condemned an attack on the US Embassy in Ankara in which a suspected suicide bomber killed himself and a guard.
A Turkish citizen was also wounded in the blast, which appeared to have been set off by the bomber inside the security checkpoint at an entrance to the embassy.
Mr Hague said: "My thoughts are with the families and friends of the victims of the terrorist attack at the US Embassy in Ankara.
"I condemn this attack in the strongest terms. Turkey and the United States can rely on the full support of the United Kingdom as they seek to hold to account those responsible."
A door to the embassy was blown off its hinges and debris strewn across the road, but it is not thought that there was any damage inside the embassy itself.
An injured woman was seen being carried into an ambulance.
There has been no claim of responsibility made so far, but Kurdish rebels and Islamic militants are active in Turkey.
The US Embassy said the Turkish National Police were investigating the incident.
"The US Embassy would like to thank the Turkish government, the media, and members of the public for their expressions of solidarity and outrage over the incident," it said.