Mar 17 2010 Energy Saving Trust, It's Our World
WIN! Free loft insulation up for grabs from the Energy Saving Trust
It’s been the coldest winter in 30 years...So with temperatures rising and spring in the air it’s a good time to prepare your home for the next cold snap.
There are lots of simple ways to make your home more energy efficient and save money too. Half of heat loss in a typical home is through the walls and loft so it's worth checking whether yours are insulated. Insulating your loft could save around £150 a year.
To help you on your way the Energy Saving Trust is offering five lucky people in Merseyside the chance to kick start their energy spring clean by installing loft insulation free of charge.
To stand a chance of winning the prize all you have to do is answer the following question:
Q: How much could you save each year by insulating your loft?
Send you answer with your name, address and contact telephone numbers to:
Energy Saving Trust advice centre
Wirral Environment Centre
Five correct answers will be picked at random once the competition closes.
Competition closes 9th April 2010
Winners wil be notified by 16th April 2010
Competition is available to residents in
No responsibility is accepted for ineligible or fraudulent entries. This competition is not open to employees of the Energy Saving Trust and associated advice centres or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organisation or running of the competition or their direct family members.
1. Only residents located in England
2. Competition is only open to those aged 18 or over
3. Prize draw entries close 11.59pm 9th April 2010
4. Entry limited to one per person
5. Lofts must have less than 60mm of insulation in place prior to work commencing.
6. Entrants agree that by entering the prize draw their personal details may be stored and otherwise processed by the Energy Saving Trust for the purposes of administering the prize
7. Entries including false details will be disregarded as will any that are automated or mechanically made.
8. The Energy Saving Trust reserves the right to reject any entry on reasonable grounds.
9. The winners will be chosen randomly from all eligible entries.
10. No cash alternative is offered to prize winners.
11. Unless otherwise specified, the winner(s) will be drawn at random from all correct entries received before the closing date. Winners will be notified within 28 days after the closing date. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winner during this time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, we reserve the right to re-draw another winner from the correct entries which were received before the closing date.
12. To the extent permitted by law, the Energy Saving Trust, and third parties connected to the Energy Saving Trust hereby expressly exclude:
a. all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity;
b. any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any entrant or winner in connection with any prize draw or any entry.
12. As a condition of your entry into the prize draw, you agree to indemnify us and our affiliates, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all liabilities, other expenses (including costs and legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting directly or indirectly from such entry.
13. Promoter: Energy Saving Trust, 21 Dartmouth Street, London, SW1H 9BP.